Since I am taking the summer off from scholarly pursuits, I have decided to take the 1% Well-Read Challenge.
Look at the site or my previous post regarding the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. The challenge is to read just 10 books on the list in 10 months. Now, I'm not saying that it will make you smarter but at least it might open your horizons. I tend to read a lot but I stay mainly in certain genre's so maybe this will help me branch out. I'll keep you updated on the ones I've read and let you know how I do.
Who knows...maybe you'll try it out too :)
**Check out the complete list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
Amanda's 1% Well-Read List
1. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood (Finished May 20, 2008)
2. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy (Finished May 22, 2008)
3. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood (Finished May 30, 2008)
4. The Light of Day - Graham Swift (Finished June 01, 2008)
5. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins (Finished June 10, 2008)
6. The Colour - Rose Tremain (Finished June 20, 2008)
7. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks (Finished July 09, 2008)
8. Sexing the Cherry - Jeanette Winterson (Finished July 12, 2008)
9. Their Eyes Were Watching God - Zora Neale Hurston (Finished July 15, 2008)
10. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte (Finished July 24, 2008)
Yay! Challenge completed in just over two months.